Monday, March 19, 2018

We've Got a Winner: The Title

Hey!

So, I didn't make a blog post detailing the process by which I chose a title for my magazine. However, before I reveal what title I have chosen, I will the options that I came up with and why I came up with those options. 

Let's get started: 
Retrieved from here.
  1. The Dog Times - play off of the The New York Times, 
  2. Dog Weekly - play off of the magazine Entertainment Weekly,
  3. Cosmodoglotan - play off of Cosmopolitan, 
  4. The New Borker - play off of The New Yorker,
  5. Bork! Bork! - I really have no reasoning besides that bork is commonly used to refer to the bark of a dog.
A lot of the names that I've come up with are inspired off of popular newspapers and magazines. I've done this because it's relatively comical and light-hearted, and all the names of existing dog magazines are boring to me (Modern Dog, Dog Fancy, Dog Friendly, etc.). 

Now for the grand reveal, drum roll please: The New Borker. I really like the way this sounds and I feel like, all of the names, it would suit my magazine, however, I feel that this title would suit it best. Additionally, I like the way it sounds better than the other options I proposed. 

Also! I'm sorry I didn't post this last week like I was planning on, I ended up being really busy and I was swamped with work, so sorry. :(

See you all next time!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment