Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fonts Galore!

Hey!


Now that we have a title, it's time for the fonts. To view the different fonts, I just used Microsoft word.

Now, here are the options: 
Times New Roman
Algerian
Cambria
Castellar
With these choices, I was going for more of a classic and professional look. This is because when I looked at the fonts used in The New Yorker, it's timeless and clean-cut. It's simple, yet it stands out against the cover itself. It's iconic: no other magazine has the simplicity yet elegance that is The New Yorker. 
Retrieved from here

So, of course, I wanted to integrate this simplicity in my own magazine through the fonts that I chose, which is why I chose to consider the fonts above. 

I think that for the purposes of my magazine, and also to satisfy my own personal tastes and aesthetics, I'm going to use the Castellar font. I feel that it's similar to the font used for the masthead in The New Yorker, yet it's uniquely different from it. 

Anyways, see you next time!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment