Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Genre Debate: On Paper

Welcome Back!

So, what I had planned for this post was a debate on paper between two genres that I had chosen (animals and cooking). However, after some thinking (and some really cute photos) I decided to choose to do an animal magazine.

I looked at this Dogster website and I immediately fell in love with the idea of doing a dog-themed magazine. I immediately saw the potential that a dog magazine had – plus who doesn’t love dogs?

I figured I could go two routes: 
Subscribe to Dogster
Route one would be a more “informative” style – like Dogster – it would potentially contain grooming tips, good dog products, training tips, etc.
  • Here is an example of a typical post that would go in this type of magazine from Dogster.
Route two would be more of a photography styled dog magazine. So, instead of a focus being put on the content of the magazine, the focus would be on the quality of the images. 
  • From several google searches and perusing through the Internet, I've found nothing about any current dog photography magazines.
    • So, I have an example here from popular photography magazine, Shutterbug.
Anyways, see you next time!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment