Sunday, March 11, 2018

Planing!

Heyo!


Since I made my decision about the focus of my magazine, it's now time to create a general "plan" as to how I want to execute things and as to how I want things to look. I think to do that I'm going to first plan how I'm going to design the magazine cover, to do so, I decided to very, very, very roughly sketch out what my cover is going to look like. 

I did so using inspiration from the following images:




Unlike the covers below, these covers aren't nearly as busy. It contains little to no headlines that stand out, and even the main cover line doesn't take up much space nor call much attention. The cover is solely focused on their respective images. The images were respectively retrieved from here here and here.
Like the two to the left, this cover
is busier and the cover image
is definitely the main focus of the
cover. Retrieved from here.
In almost every image of a
cover that I looked at, the subject
(dog) was in the middle and was
the most defined item on the
cover. Retrieved from here
First off, poor puppy, and second
off, this is also a very good example
of the subject of the magazine
being the main focus. Retrieved
from here.

 
EDITORS NOTE: I know this layout looks a little wonky, but this is temporary if I can figure out a way to get this to look like how it did when I created this article, but, for now, bear with me, please. 

EDITORS NOTE #2: So, I just switched around the format and it looks really good now! 

Anyways, see you soon!
Kristen 

No comments:

Post a Comment