Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Decision Has Been Made!

Hi! 

I've made the decision between a dog photography magazine and a "typical" dog magazine. Drum roll please, the choice is a.... "typical" dog magazine.

Ta-da! I've made a decision after a week and half of deliberation. But why? Why did I take so long and why did I decide to do a "typical" dog magazine?

So the answers to both questions. First, I took a long time to decide because I genuinely want to enjoy this assignment. Why would I do something that I don't enjoy, let alone do it well? Okay, MAYBE I would still try my best. BUT, I am a firm believer in the idea that if you do something that you aren't passionate about, the results won't be as good as if you were doing something that you loved. 

Also, it's not a matter of I wouldn't have enjoyed doing a photography magazine, because I think I would've enjoyed it. It's more of a matter of I would enjoy orienting my magazine more towards stories about dogs instead of pictures of dogs. Plus I'm not the best
Here's an example of what I would be doing.
Retrieved from here.
photographer in the world and I want this magazine to look as good as I am able to make it.


I kind of answered the second question with my first answer, however, just to reiterate I think I would enjoy creating a magazine that focuses more on content - not to say that a photography magazine doesn't focus on content (it's just a different "form" of content). I mean content as in like stories and what not. 
Anyways, see you next time!
Kristen 

No comments:

Post a Comment